[svlug] confusing 'mount' error

Driver, Diron ddriver at primephotonics.com
Mon Jan 13 14:20:20 PST 2003

James,

I am using RedHat 7.0 and I do not have X-windows installed.  It is a
very simple partition that we are supposed to use for kernel compilation
for use on a DOC (Disk-On-Chip) supplied with an industrial computer.
Sorry, I forgot to mention my distro because I thought I already had
(I've written this plea on a few different forums).

As for your questions, yes, I have a /mnt/floppy point from my root
partition.  FSTAB is correct for the automatic mounting of /mnt/floppy.
I can't give you the exact contents of my fstab file right now as I am
currently installing RedHat on a partition that just died on me.  I
think static shock might have fried a few sectors of my HD because fsck
can't repair it, too many bad inodes.

Mounting the floppy drive used to work, now it doesn't.  I've never seen
this error before.  Maybe I didn't umount the device and turned power
off??  I think I remember a friend in college screwing up his Linux
install by doing that, and I may have done that as well.  I am working
on an embedded system that uses a standard industrial PC.

-Diron