[svlug] RedHat 7.3 large disk installation woes

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Jan 13 00:57:52 PST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:32:14 -0800 (PST)
J Paul Reed <preed at sigkill.com> wrote:

> Well, the RedHat installation kernel would have none of that... and
> refused to see anymore than 32 gigs of the drive.

Make sure you have the proper IDE chipset code compiled in your kernel.
I've seen similar behaviour when I didn't have the IDE chipset fully
supported (ended up having to use a very recent kernel install CD --
3.4.something which had the chipset I needed (sorry forget details)).

--
J C Lawrence