[svlug] Exim on Red Hat 8.0

William R Ward bill at wards.net
Sun Jan 12 03:06:22 PST 2003

Karsten M. Self writes:
>on Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 11:38:20PM -0800, William R Ward (bill at wards.net) wrote:
>> Marc MERLIN writes:
>
>> >So, my question is, and I'm not trolling, I'm really curious: what
>> >have you found better, or more to your liking than the equivalent in
>> >exim and postfix (if they exist, although with the exception of
>> >milters, they should)
>>
>> It's the traditional standard Unix MTA, and it's the MTA of choice for
>> all the commercial Unix flavors.  Since I view Linux as just another
>> flavor of Unix, I don't mess with the core software.  That's also why
>> I prefer nvi over vim, and bind over any alternative.
>
>...and _how_ is it you discover new things exactly?

I stay far from the bleeding edge, as a rule.  I'm a late adopter.
It's one reason I run Linux, actually--so I don't have to have the
latest hardware.

>>         Consistency is not really a human trait.
>>                          --Maude (from the film "Harold & Maude")
>
>Ironic.

I don't think so.  I enver said I always stay away from newer
software.  Other people pointed out the gcc vs. built-in C compiler
issue, and GNU tools, and I do use those.  Even on Solaris or other
Unices besides Linux.  I never pretend to be consistent.

Still, I suppose it's time to change the sig quote...

--Bill.