[svlug] shufflin'around interrupts in software

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Fri Jan 10 08:04:27 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 02:13:42PM -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:
> Possibly related:
> If i grab an xterm with the mouse, and shake it a little bit, the motion
> is jerky, not fluid, which is not what i would expect from this fairly
> fast system (less powerful machines have a fluid motion of the window,
> see next paragraph). Looks like 2D has problems, while 3D might be ok.

I know this is not helping you, but my work system (Dell P4 2.2GHz) exhibits
similar problems. For one, my (USB) mouse becomes very jerky when I do
intense net or disk access

I tried swapping boards and a few other things, and eventually resigned
myself to it, it isn't a supposed to be a multimedia system.

It's kind of ironic that older systems worked much better...

Marc