[svlug] Exim on Red Hat 8.0

Florin Andrei florin at sgi.com
Tue Jan 7 18:01:07 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 16:31, Greg Herlein wrote:
> > > I didn't have any major complaints with Sendmail. Sendmail has run well for
> > > me. I just wanted to try out exim. My initial impressions are quite
>
> What are the compelling arguments to switch?  If my sendmail is
> working fine, what advantage(s) are there to converting?

Different groups prefer different MTAs. Other groups prefer Postfix,
others Qmail. This group likes Exim; that's why you'll see strong
advocacy for Exim here.

--
Florin Andrei

"If you had a giant corporation trying to stamp you out, and the entire
film and recording industry trying to restrict your software from
playing their media, then you'd be political too." - Bruce Perens