[svlug] EVMS discontinued, LVM2 rules?

Ira Abramov lists-svlug at ira.abramov.org
Sun Jan 5 04:15:51 PST 2003

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-979142.html?tag=fd_top

ouch. I thought EVMS was going to kick LVM's behind. other than
clustering it doesn't look like LVM2 matches other important EVMS
features that already exist. Why is really IBM giving up the fight so
easely? will the project be picked up and continue development? Why is
Alan Cox supporting this idea instead of encouraging competition?

------- on a different matter
Important bit of info from the article for those not reading
kernel-traffic: the 2.5 branch has entered feature freeze. does this
mean it's stable enough for home use, and will it give me any benefits?
I am currently using Debian Sid with the Gentoo megapatch (O(1)
scheduler and preamprite kernel are good for my SMP) so I donno if I'll
gain anything yet for now. but I'll be happy to hear from others'
benefits of 2.5 over 2.4

--
YES, I want cheasy poofs!
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.