[svlug] unix work - blatant shameless self promotion

dpchrist@inreach.com dpchrist at inreach.com
Fri Jan 3 22:39:22 PST 2003

svlug at lists.svlug.org:

I agree with the policy of moderating job postings on
svlug at lists.svlug.org.  I get enough job postings from my search agents
on dice, monster, hotjobs, etc., plus spam database hits by unscrupulous
agencies.  The content is often overlapping.  We don't need to see the
same ads yet again on svlug at lists.svlug.org, and should conserve this
finite resource for content that is unavailable elsewhere.

I have responded to one job posting on svlug at lists.svlug.org, and
received fair and equitable treatment in spite of not even making it to
the interview stage.  I cannot say the same of the recruiters on dice,
monster, hotjobs, etc..  I have benefited from the moderation, and now
pay even more attention to the postings.

Finally, I trust the ethics of the svlug officers and appreciate their
service to the community.  :-)

David