[svlug] unix work - blatant shameless self promotion

Steven L. Fountain slf at dreamscape.org
Fri Jan 3 16:00:07 PST 2003

!! disclaimer: blatant shameless self promotion

how many, if any, job offers actually end up here if routed through
officers at svlug.org ? i have been waiting for opportunities of this sort.
that's almost an elitist first-right taxation.

list members: after witnessing a good deal of trickery following contacts
found from craigslist (contract hijacking, theft of interests, inadequate
representation and defenses etc), i'm getting a little out of spirit. i've
been unemployed since august 2001 when Excite at Home was stolen by AT&T.

i also was screwed over by the recording industry of america when Napster
was shut down and was given the boot the week searches were disabled.

i danced around the Hotmail scene for 2 years before that, but i started
working there the same week microsoft bought them out so i watched 100
people get filthy rich and corrupt themselves and eventually join the
monopolist redmond pyramid (which severed a good number of contacts)..

i need some help getting back on track. everybody i've ever worked with
who was in the loop, smart, and had a cool head with a dash of morals and
character moved out of the state.

its the new year, this is the time to be seeking work. the sooner i fall
into the world of linux/solaris unix sysprog hacking and necromancy the
better... i'm losing myself. save me from myself.

-slf

ps: shameless plug i guess... number: 925-895-1500