[svlug] Re: openoffice on woody

George Georgalis georgw at galis.org
Fri Jan 3 13:29:52 PST 2003

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 10:54:12AM -0800, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
>Steve M Bibayoff wrote:

>> > not a clue.
>>
>> GPC == Gnu Pascal Compiler
>
>i do not think that this is the case for openoffice.org, since it is
>written in C++, and teh build-dependencies (as listed) did not include
>anything even remotely pascal related.
>

>heh, i was right. quick google search:
>http://www.google.com/search?q=openoffice.org+gpc+file&num=30&hl=en&safe=off&filter=0&btnG=Google
>
>text of first hit:
>
>OpenOffice.org
>... be applied as many issues have been checked into OpenOffice.org recently ... be applied
>using the command: % patch -N -p0 < <file.diff ... General Polygon Clipper (gpc). ...
>porting.openoffice.org/irix/build_inst/ - 19k - Cached - Similar pages
>

>so GPC is General Polygon Clipper, not Gnu Pascal Compiler (WRT OOo)

Of course, I was missing the General Polygon Clipper, :)

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/aig/staff/alan/software/

Unfortunately, I'm not reaching the openoffice domain.
(I'm actually glad I didn't end up building OO though!)

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 347-451-8229
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george at galis.org
Multimedia, DB, DNS and Metrics.       http://www.galis.org/george