[svlug] openoffice on woody

George Georgalis georgw at galis.org
Fri Jan 3 10:05:55 PST 2003

Hi,

I've run into a couple problems installing
openoffice.org_1.0.1.orig.tar.gz on my woody system.

the most recent problem is with the configure:
checking GPC files...  configure: error: GPC files not found

In looking for an answer, I've found people have overcome that only to
be stuck with new problems.

So I'm wondering if anyone has worked out a script or howto to get
openoffice (from source) on a debian system?

Note I also tried "dpkg -i openoffice.org-bin_1.0.1-7_i386.deb" but that
required (instable) libraries I don't want to install on this box.

Should I just go with my old OOo_1.0.0_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz?
What are GPC files?

What happened to http://www.openoffice.org/ it's not responding...

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 347-451-8229
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george at galis.org
Multimedia, DB, DNS and Metrics.       http://www.galis.org/george