[svlug] music CDs and USB audio

Ira Abramov lists-svlug at ira.abramov.org
Thu Jan 2 01:00:54 PST 2003

almost forgot - Feliz Ano Novo!

under M$, the media player extracts audio at roughly 1X and spools it as
a regular "wave" file to the USB speakers. in Linux all I could find are
players that send play commands to the IDE drive. any hints about How
can one use Audio CDs on a system with USB speakers?

(yes, I looked over the CDROM howto, Sound Howto and USB howto...)

while writing the question I finaly bumped into these two projects:
http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ronsse/cdfs/
which supplanted this: http://software.senko.net/audiofs/

any words pro or con, or more pointers?

--
Percussive maintenance expert consultant
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.