[svlug] Migration questions and suggestions

David Masten dmasten at piratelabs.org
Fri Aug 29 21:42:23 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 20:29, James Leone wrote:

> >> If anyone else knows of any good accounting package for Linux I am also
> >> interested.
> >
> > ACCPAC has ported its accounting packages to Linux.
>
> I was under the impression that those were only the high end packages.

Hmmm...Any package that requires VARs and consultants to deploy is too
high end for my purposes. Since the subject came up I decided to do a
little more research.

I googled on "linux" "accounting" and after skipping all the process
accounting stuff in the kernel, found 'SQL-Ledger'. It is GPL and looks
like it can handle all I'd be throwing at it for a while. They know how
to get my interest: "SQL-Ledger is written in Perl, developed on
FreeBSD, Linux with Netscape, Links, Lynx, Explorer, Galeon, Konqueror,
Voyager (QNX), Apache for the display, and PostgreSQL, or Oracle to
store accounting data." <http://www.sql-ledger.com>

Cool, now all I need to know is how complete Pro/E support for linux is,
if that passes muster then I can be completely MS free!

Thanks,
Dave
--
David Masten <dmasten at piratelabs.org>