[svlug] Save your SCO invoice: Bay Area Software Professional s for Responsibility and Accountability

Vinarsky, Boris Boris_Vinarsky at maxtor.com
Fri Aug 29 16:46:50 PDT 2003

Did somebody actually receive the invoice? I am curious what is the ground
for the claim in the invoice. Is it possible to scan it (with the invoice
number and the recipient name/address covered)?

Assuming Linux has some files from UNIX, I do not understand how SCO is
planning to collect from the Linux users.

Scenario.1
SCO -> Linux Shop: You owe us money, here is the invoice.
Linux Shop -> SCO: Prove your claim.
SCO -> Linux Shop: Sign NDA.
Linux Shop -> SCO: No.
SCO -> Linux Shop: We need to keep the files secret.
Linux Shop -> SCO: Your problem. No proof - no money.

Scenario.2
SCO -> Linux Shop: You owe us money, here is the invoice.
Linux Shop -> SCO: Prove your claim.
SCO -> Linux Shop: Here are the files.
Linux Shop -> Linux Community: Here are the problem files.
Linux Community rewrites the parts in question. SCO has no case anymore.

What I am missing?

Boris Vinarsky