[svlug] Adobe Acrobat 5 "fixed"

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Aug 28 13:33:32 PDT 2003

	Having been told to use locale and discovering it is on Red Hat
version 9 and was written at Debian, I decided that it must be a bash
function. So fooling around at the prompt I typed LANG= and enter and
then did 'locale' again and got:

[karl at bucket karl]$ locale
LANG=
LC_CTYPE=""
LC_NUMERIC=""
LC_TIME=""
LC_COLLATE=""
LC_MONETARY=""
LC_MESSAGES=""
LC_PAPER=""
LC_NAME=""
LC_ADDRESS=""
LC_TELEPHONE=""
LC_MEASUREMENT=""
LC_IDENTIFICATION=""
LC_ALL=
[karl at bucket karl]$

Then I tried adobe acrobat and it came right up without a single hitch
and works fine.

	On Xpdf, it works fine and all, but the ability to navigate
across directories is limited. And I'm used to using adobe and I start
the acrobat from a bash file in /home/karl/bin/. I still use 'pine'
because I'm used to it. And it's easy to read messages.

	I did use Ximin for about a week and it works fine, but it's
hard to read a message. The color scheme is wrong.