[svlug] Open Source Criticism Questions

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Fri Aug 22 21:44:35 PDT 2003

> I'm still missingt he point.  Are you asking about shipping and handling
> for a commercial distribution of open source software, which is "really"

OSS partly, but it wasn't a factor. I was reminiscing of some of the
conracts I saw from time to time. I'm not in contracts admin btw.

> Think of it as shipping and handling not *of* the support contract, but
> *in connection with* the support contract, the performance of which

Well, in that respect, yes - the S&H might include materials and such;
tangible products.  That was my main point - S&H on (essentially)
intangibles.

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.