[svlug] Anaconda/kickstart equivalent in Debian

Akbar Ahmed akbar_svlug at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 01:12:00 PDT 2003

--- Aaron T Porter <atporter at primate.net> wrote:
> Check out FAI and PFAI. They might not be quite as
> point-n-clicky
> as you're looking for, but they work quite well.

I've been reading up on FAI, but it looks to be a
network centric installation. I read a previous
discussion on SVLUG about FAI
(http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2003-January/043375.html).
There was a brief mention of how it "might be
possible" to  use FAI to use ISO images.

Do you know of anyone who has successfully used FAI to
create bootable ISO images?

Also, is there a way to modify dbootstrap whereby it
is given default values for most configuration
questions and autoprobes the hardware? Or is this not
really a feasible idea?

Thanks,
-Akbar