[svlug] Red Face

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Aug 17 17:17:11 PDT 2003

	Well, before making a new kernel for my Red Hat ver 8 computer I did
what I should have done 2 days ago. I went to
/lib/modules/2.4.18-8/kernel/net/ and discovered that they had ax25.o
and netrom.o already compiled as modules! Also found soundmodem.o so I
know where to go now.

	Back to the ax.25HOWTO and get it all set up. I need to find the
software for a sound card based 9600 baud modem. That will go to the
radio, not sure which one yet but likely an old 2 meter mobile for aprs
and the TS-50 for HF work.

	But right now it's learn, learn, learn. Linux ix like that. And I have
not mentioned that the 2.5 kHz bandwidth of newqpsk makes it's use in
the cw portion of the band a problem. It's too wide!