[svlug] AX.25 and the kernel

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Aug 17 13:49:45 PDT 2003

	I am going to get "newqpsk" working in my Red Hat ver 8 Linux. We think
this will be a good Amateur Radio High Frequency communications system
for Homeland Defense use.

	I must get the ax.25 kernel support compiled as modules on my kernel. I
have the usual RH8 kernel and I installed the full kernel tree so I can
re-compile the kernel if desired.

	There are about 10 versions of configuration files available. I'm not
sure which kernel I have now. It might be the i686 version since I have
a pentium 4 cpu.

	What I want to do is get the modules for ax.25 support into the current
location with the least amount of change in performance of everything
else.

	Does anyone else using RH have info on an easy way to accomplish this?