[svlug] Blackholing an IP address

Sumit rsumit_2001 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Aug 16 21:29:27 PDT 2003

Hi
  I am trying to understand Blackholing of IP
addresses by ISP. Can anyone suggest pointers for the
same?

Moreover one of the mail at
http://www.mail-archive.com/isp-colo@isp-colo.com/msg01613.html
says that blackholing if done properly does not
consume resource on the router. I kind of didn't
understood how this is possible. The router need to
look at the packet before it drops it.

Thanks,
Sumit

=====

The essence of knowledge is, having it, to apply it; not having it, to confess your ignorance.
         Confucius BC 551-479, Chinese Ethical Teacher, Philosopher