[svlug] Zaurus and routing

Rick Schultz bloodyvikings at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 13 11:41:19 PDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 12:31:10PM +0700, Neil Kittipalo wrote:

> I can now make a ppp link over the serial link to my desktop and can
> ssh etc to the desktop.  I am so far unable to get out through my
> gateway.

Can you ssh into the gateway?  It doesn't look like the gateway machine
has a route to the 192.168.1.0 network.  You'll probably need something
like this on the gateway:

# route add -net 192.168.1.0 gw 192.168.168.1

(or something like that; I never get its syntax right)

After you can reach the gateway, you should be able to go beyond it.  If
not, check you masq/iptables rules.

HTH,
rick