[svlug] FW: Linux and, of all things, the CA recall election

dan-svlug@unpossible.com dan-svlug at unpossible.com
Mon Aug 11 16:28:50 PDT 2003

Hi,

I've started a site (http://PlatformForCalifornia.org) to identify and
run a symbolic write-in candidate with strong Open Source connections in
the recall election for the position of Governor of California.

The state spends over $3 billion a year on IT, and with the recent $95
million Oracle scandal it's obvious that some new ideas for IT are
necessary.  I want to engage the OSS community to find potential
candidates and get a campaign going.  The campaign will raise attention
for Open Source Software.

There are full details of why and how this will come off at the website.
I'm hoping LUGs, PUGs, and such can help make this a phenomenon.  I
thought maybe SVLUG could help?  I'd approached some of the SVLUG
leadership privately before I wrote here and they suggested I look to
all of you for advice.  I'd welcome any suggestions, feedback or ideas.

Thanks,

Dan