[svlug] Sendmail/Postfix Problem

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Mon Aug 11 14:28:16 PDT 2003

Karl Larsen wrote:
> 	Hi Eric, no it IS Sendmail/Postfix, but leaning towards Postfix
> on Red Hat Version 8 configuration. You can, if desired go 100% Postfix
> if desired but I do not desire.

   ??? why/how would you use both sendmail and postfix? I mean only one
of them can sit on 25 (smtp port).

> 	A couple of months ago I used someone elses MTA and then I could
> see my email on lists. So it's in the setup of sendmail or postfix where
> this problem lies.

   how do you expect the emails that you send to list come back to you -
to your hotmail account? if so then:

   - check the hotmail account for any filter etc. (via web interface or
something, NOT via your linux program that gets emails from hotmail),

   - take a look at logs of the program that you use to get emails from
hotmail account.

   BTW if you used comeone else's MTA your from address might have been
different so mailing list might have not recognized that it's you.

   that's a start...

	erik