[svlug] Sendmail/Postfix Problem

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Sun Aug 10 20:11:29 PDT 2003

> Yes, on May 31st 4:30pm EDT, AOL introduced an additional (in their mind)
> protection against SPAM.  AOL presumes that any MTA whose reverse DNS
> indicates it is on DSL or a cable modem, is not a professional operation
> and a likely source of spam.  They should have provided an area code 703

So I guess my emails will enver reach aol then?

Not to worry. mx.aol.com has more spam outfits than all the DSL setups
combined :). I can just block mx.aol.com now :).

How about this for your MTA deny lines:

mx.aol.com REJECT 550 We are a more professional outfit than you. Your
mail is on the floor

:)

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.