[svlug] LinuxWorld Expo 2003

Benjamin Coles sj7trunks at pacbell.net
Sun Aug 10 18:07:46 PDT 2003

Hey Folks,
	Just an extra review by moi on the linux expo. I was actually with
gentoo and I gave the cluster demo for them. It was quite indeed fun for
all. The last time I went there was just a bunch of guys and the only
girls you saw were girlfriends of the geeks. Mind you, this was before
linux went mainstream. On Monday, we gave out 400 cds of gentoo, which
was all we had, LWE-NYC we'll probably have 2000 to give out to
compensate the loss. As for one more game, We were beta testing Savage
which turned out to be really cool. Lots of people came and asked what
it was, Basically it's like first person shooter and Warcraft type
stradegy in one game. The sadest booth of the convention was Debian. No
I'm not dissing Debian, I like the distro but guys please, next
convention don't show up if you're gonna be sitting on the floor sharing
the booth with someone that's selling mandrake. I was disappointed that
I didn't get to meet anyone from the SV-LUG, maybe next year=)