[svlug] Sendmail/Postfix Problem

Bill Selmeier bills at right-net.com
Sun Aug 10 16:42:07 PDT 2003

Well I think you may have just shown how shortsighted and dumb the AOL
policy really is.  I know from my conversations with AOL technical people
(who don't necessarily support this policy, but their's is not to wonder
why, their's is but to do.....)  I doubt that qwest is going to change
their reverse DNS for your IP number.  You don't have a name server so
it's up to the people who do your name service (which isn't the isp taking
your sendmail traffic) to change the reverse.  This looks pretty
non-resolvable without changing where and how you connect.  Maybe others
have some ideas.

BTW I think qwest provides you with your IP number using something called
DHCP.  Likely MSN is just collecting mail for you to pick up.

Bill Selmeier		20720 Maureen Way	    voice  (408)257-7670
Leader			Saratoga, CA 95070	    mobile (408)655-3400
Internet Developer http://www.internetdeveloper.org bills at inetdevgrp.org
or RightNet, Inc.      http://www.right-net.com      bills at right-net.com