[svlug] Sendmail/Postfix Problem

Bill Selmeier bills at right-net.com
Sun Aug 10 15:58:42 PDT 2003

This is your problem.  AOL users on dsl are not considered a concern, it's
MTA's on DSL.  AOL is checking the MTA's reverse DNS not the client's.
I'll bet your friends use aol or quest for their mta.  Contact your ISP to
get your reverse DNS changed.  That can be a little tricky since fixed
IP's on DSL often require some interesting tweaking to fit the customary 8
IP # assignments.  I see this in the headers of your message:
albq-dsl-gw5poola15.albq.uswest.net ([65.100.27.15]   You need to contact
Qwest to get dsl removed.  Do you run a name server?

Bill Selmeier		20720 Maureen Way	    voice  (408)257-7670
Leader			Saratoga, CA 95070	    mobile (408)655-3400
Internet Developer http://www.internetdeveloper.org bills at inetdevgrp.org
or RightNet, Inc.      http://www.right-net.com      bills at right-net.com