[svlug] Sendmail/Postfix Problem

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Sun Aug 10 15:12:07 PDT 2003

Karl Larsen wrote:
> 	The first problem is simple. I send a email to a list server and
> I never see it, but others do. I will never see this message on the
> list. I think my Sendmail/Postfix is putting some word or character in
> the message so when I try to pop it to my computer it disappears. That
> is because it does. Anyone know how to fix this?

   it is probably setting of the list, you can set mailing lists to send
your messages to you or not. Check your setting of the svlug list (on
svlug page). It probably does not have anything to do with your email setup.

> 	The second has to do with AOL.COM. For some reason their spam
> filters think my messages are spam and destroy them. If you look at the
> whole message I send out it is a little odd. My messages are handled by
> bucket.dog, localhost, and others before it gets out to the Internet.
> This seems to confuse AOL. Does anyone know how to fix this?

   it might not be possible to fix it, depending on what the problem is.
You have to figure out why do they think your emails are spam.

	erik