[svlug] Sendmail/Postfix Problem

Karl Larsen k5di at msn.com
Sun Aug 10 13:26:35 PDT 2003

	I'm forced to use my own Linux as a smtp server since the demon
I got that works great to pop e-mail from a Hotmail server doesn't
include a demon to send outgoing e-mail back through Hotmail. It's been
no real problem but there is one or two problems which are probably
awitch settings.

	I'm using a stock Red Hat version 8 workstation. My email client
is pine, and I use fetchpop to get the email, run it through Procmail,
to sort it and then read it.

	The first problem is simple. I send a email to a list server and
I never see it, but others do. I will never see this message on the
list. I think my Sendmail/Postfix is putting some word or character in
the message so when I try to pop it to my computer it disappears. That
is because it does. Anyone know how to fix this?

	The second has to do with AOL.COM. For some reason their spam
filters think my messages are spam and destroy them. If you look at the
whole message I send out it is a little odd. My messages are handled by
bucket.dog, localhost, and others before it gets out to the Internet.
This seems to confuse AOL. Does anyone know how to fix this?