[svlug] archival file system?

Reg. Charney charney at charneyday.com
Mon Aug 4 01:50:09 PDT 2003

I am looking for an open-source archival file system. This type of file
system looks like any other, but files are "aged" by activity. Older
files are moved to "backing storage" but still appear as normal files
for all intents. The only penalty paid is time. If you request a file
that has not been accessed in a long time, bringing it into high speed
storage may to some time. Please note, I am not asking about a backup
system. Backups are a logically different beast - one meant to protect
you from lost data. The archival system is meant to optimize use of
limited high speed storage. (Think of the limited space in many
notebooks.)  TIA.

Reg.