[svlug] ssh connection reset by peer

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Sun Aug 3 01:56:11 PDT 2003

I made some OpenSSH packages with the ProtocolKeepAlives patches.  I
haven't tested these at all, but you can do so and look at the SRPMs:

  ftp://ftp.express.org/pub/packages/stage/

Original patches available from the Debian mailing lists, of course.

Let me know how they work (or not ;).

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 07:42:33AM -0700, Don Marti wrote:

> > > ..just to generate traffic on that channel and keep it alive.  I use
> > > IP tables as well as nat with a trusted internal ethernet...similar
> > > setup.  When I am in remote using SSH and doing the ping thing, I
> > > can stay connected all day with no disconnect.  I had the same
> > > problem as you did before doing this.

> > You can also put

> > ProtocolKeepAlives 30

> > in ~/.ssh/config and get the same effect.

> Note that this is debian only. Last I checked, RH still didn't have that
> patch in their openssh Marc

__ __ ___ _| | William R. Lorenz <wrl at express.org>
\ V  V / '_| | http://www.clevelandlug.net/ ; "Every revolution was
 \./\./|_| |_| first a thought in one man's mind." - Ralph Waldo Emerson