[svlug] Small scale web hosting for a school in Mountain View

Bryan K. Watson bwatson at netTracers.com
Fri Aug 1 22:57:32 PDT 2003

Netmagic Information Systems has done very well by be for the past few years
with various hosting, T1 access, and co-lo.  They are very linux friendly,
take security seriously, and have a personable customer service style of
business.

Talk to Robert May or Tracy over there  - contact info at www.netmagic.net -

-------

Also, take a look at Beyond Technology Education

  http://www.beyondteched.com/main.htm

Our kids' school is using them this next school year to provide the computer
curriculum, computer lab, and to help merge the use of information
technology with the classroom activities.  Part of this is a parent/student
portal and a CD of the kids' work for the year that can be kept (for
posterity - or blackmail) ;-).  Unfortunately there is no Open Source in the
program - it is Windo$e based.  This could change as time goes on, since
their goal is to focus on the technology as a tool, not the focus of the
learning.  So I will teach perl, cch, bash, etc to my kids at home.  They
can reciprocate in a couple of years by teaching me some cool shellcode...

Cheers,

- Bryan K. Watson
- netTracers.com