[svlug] OT: AT cases, mid-tower and full tower and toys -- come get 'em

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon May 13 10:29:09 PDT 2002

On Mon, 13 May 2002 00:14:43 -0700
Karen Shaeffer <shaeffer at neuralscape.com> wrote:

> Why not find a needy youngster that has an interest in computers and
> provide a working system to __her__?

Time and effort basically.  It would take more time I have right now to
assemble the bits and build a working system.  I don't know I would
succeed -- bits might be dead, diagnosis and forensics time would
rapidly mount, etc etc etc, and that's not counting the time/effort
needed to find such a youngster.  If someone wants to attempt such a
project I'm more than willing to donate the bits sans the cup of coffee.

I also have a couple of working i486 machines that I've recently
decommissioned. I know those are working, and that leaves the only time
required on my part being finding someone to give them to.  The problem
is that even Linux doesn't run that well (from an educational viewpoint)
on an i486 (tho it does make a great firewall, and did in my case).

> The nerve of some guys expecting a cup of coffee...

Hey, I'm addicted to Peet's con panas.  What can I say?

--
J C Lawrence