[svlug] Is there any interest in a CA ballot initiative?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue May 7 19:31:40 PDT 2002

begin John Conover quotation of Tue, May 07, 2002 at 12:28:56AM -0000:

> Hi Don. This does include restrictions on Microsoft's Draconian
> license policing requirements that take effect in October, right? It
> would cost the state a fortune to implement.

I don't think we can directly say "don't buy any software over a
certain price" or "don't pay per-copy licenses".  But requiring a
fair contract eventually would tend to encourage competition and
keep the price down.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                       Help spread accurate information