[svlug] Re: Debian release cycle

Ira Abramov lists-svlug at ira.abramov.org
Mon Jul 29 14:50:27 PDT 2002

Quoting Marc MERLIN, from the post of Mon, 29 Jul:

> I wouldn't consider  running debian without being on the  testing tree
> (i.e.  2 weeks  behind packages  that were  just built and  didn't
> have  major bugs filed against them)

oh bugger, I thought we've been throught this, and I even quoted AJ on
the matter, testing/frozen is NOT for production servers. At least that
was true when it was Woody. if the new security update system kicks in
OK and the security team does start OFFICIALLY filling
http://security.debian.org/dists/sarge/, that may change. for now I
would stick to Woody.

--
The opposite of sex
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.