[svlug] Debian release cycle

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Mon Jul 29 14:26:14 PDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 02:21:02PM -0700, Will Francis wrote:
> Personally  (and I  _really_ don't  mean this  as a  troll), while  I like
> Debian  for apt,  I  find it's  release  cycle too  slow  for me. The  few

It's not a troll, Debian releases are way too slow.
I wouldn't consider  running debian without being on the  testing tree (i.e.
2 weeks  behind packages  that were  just built and  didn't have  major bugs
filed against them)
That comes out  to a system that is  actually much more up to  date than all
the other ones (with a few minor exceptions here and there).
That said,  you obviously don't  have as much QA  against a package  that is
only 2 weeks old.

Marc