[svlug] "K" menu items

Rob Walker rob at myinternetplace.net
Mon Jul 29 08:56:59 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 01:03, subele wrote:
> I am running rh7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10 kde 2.?.

My information comes from Debian, so I don't know how pertinent it is
for you.

> Where are the item in the "K" menu?

tail -24 /usr/share/doc/kdebase/README.Debian

3. Kpanel and menus:
-------------------

If you have the menu package installed, kpanel will display the debian
menus
of installed programs. Otherwise, you won't get any menus at all, so I
do
recommend you install the menu package.

Instead of adding new .desktop files to /usr/share/applnk directly, you
should
create debian menu files and run update-menus. See
/usr/share/doc/menu/README for
details.

So, what do you have in /usr/share/applnk ?

I have

rob at tp600x:/usr/share/applnk$ ls -F
Applications/  Help.desktop      Multimedia/            Toys/
Development/   Home.desktop      Office/                Utilities/
Editors/       Internet/         OpenOffice.org 1.0.1/  WordProcessing/
Games/         KControl.desktop  Settings/              ksysguard/
Graphics/      Kfind.desktop     System/
rob at tp600x:/usr/share/applnk$

which correspond closely to my menus.

rob