[svlug] Re: 10 ways to enjoy linux with out giving up the other OS

Ira Abramov lists-svlug at ira.abramov.org
Sun Jul 28 02:24:40 PDT 2002

Quoting Richard J. Mancusi, from the post of Fri, 26 Jul:

> >11) VMware, Inc. - create a virtual machine to run linux in.
> >   Or install it on linux and run windows in it.
> >   (www.vmware.com)
> >
> >12) Slackware Distrobution's zipslack or bigslack
> >   dual boot using VFAT + UMSDOS in zip file.
> >   zipslack ~100MB (will fit on zip disk) or bigslack ~850MB
> >   (www.slackware.com)
> >

> 13) rdesktop - allows a Linux box to connect to W2K via Terminal Services
>    and run Windows programs.  Great for us Linux folks running multiple
>    o.s. data centers.  Also allows quicker corporate Linux migration,
>    (get our foot in the door), because you can still run that end-user
>    favorite MS application from Linux.
>    www.rdesktop.org
>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/rdesktop/

14) any ISO distro like demolinux (and a few others which escape me)

15) FAT-installes that don't require repartitioning and are easy to
remove, such as PhatLinux, etc...

--
All hype
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.