[svlug] pine: error while loading shared libraries: libldap.so.2

Tim tim at tetro.net
Wed Jul 24 04:15:11 PDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 01:40:32AM -0700, subele wrote:
> I would like to run pine however, I apparently removed this from my
> RH7.2 installation because I used to be able to run pine.
>
> Where can I find libldap.so.2 and how do I install it?

It is in the openldap package.  If you have the install CDs, it will be
on one of them under RedHat/RPMS.

If not, the RPMS are available on RedHat's FTP server:

  ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.2/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/

And on RpmFind:

  http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=openldap&system=redhat-7.2

Install it like this, for example:

  rpm -i openldap-2.0.11-13.i386.rpm

Or you could use gnorpm, the Gnome-RPM frontend.
Hope that helps.

  - Tim