[svlug] How to stop X from starting automatically?

Rafael Skodlar,,, raffi at linwin.com
Thu Jul 18 01:04:33 PDT 2002

Relevant line for servers from

/etc/inittab

id:3:initdefault:

# Default runlevel. The runlevels used by RHS are:
#   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#   1 - Single user mode
#   2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have  networking)
#   3 - Full multiuser mode
#   4 - unused
#   5 - X11
#   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#

Your most likely have
id:5:initdefault:
   ^

--
Rafael
The Gap Between the Rich and the Poor is Constant.