[svlug] Public Access Unix System?

Rajeev Arora rajeev_aurora at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 18:43:18 PDT 2002

well, public access systems are free for anyone. they
are usually run by volunteers on donated equipment and
bandwidth. i have found some to be very impressive.
freeshell.org runs netbsd on alphas (great machines)
and have a huge pipe to the net.

i was wondering if the bay area has any such system. i
currently use freeshell for email, home page, but they
are based in washington state and they dont run linux
- my efforts to sell linux failed. :(

such systems also contribute in building online
communities (see www.cyberspace.org) which makes me
believe that its a good idea to have one in the
valley.

if we dont have one already, would anyone be
interested in building one?

raj

http://www.WANfear.com/