[svlug] Re: Box frozen, then won't reboot.

Ira Abramov lists-svlug at ira.abramov.org
Sun Jul 14 20:50:44 PDT 2002

Quoting Jeremy Zawodny, from the post of Sun, 14 Jul:

> > I guess the HD is mostly OK (maybe some fsck required), and either
> > the Ram burned in the excessive heat, or the motherboard prevents
> > proper access to it. Or something else.

well, the gradual degradation suggests this could be something othr than
the RAM, I had this when I lost one of my CPU fans, the CPU would heat
and lock itself up less than 30 seconds into the boot. Check that all
your fans are running at acceptable speeds.

--
Use only as directed
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.