[svlug] ATI Mobility Radeon

Bill Jonas bill at billjonas.com
Sat Jul 13 07:35:53 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 10:46:10PM -0700, Tim wrote:
> I don't play games much anymore but, just to see if I can get it to
> work, is it free to download or do you have to buy it?

apt-get install tuxracer.  It's in main, so it's DFSG-free.

> I have a friend who bought it and I think mentioned playing it on
> Linux, so I could ask to borrow it if it isn't free.

The company that did most of the development did take it proprietary,
but there are forks of the earlier code.

--
Bill Jonas    *    bill at billjonas.com    *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary