[svlug] 'Kernal Panic:No Init Found. Try passing Init=Option to Kernal'

Kanagala Rao raokanagala at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 11 15:19:41 PDT 2002

>From: Marc MERLIN <marc_news at merlins.org>
>Ok, so you seem to have several problems.
>Your best bet is to do e2fsck -fy /dev/hda5 and pray :-)

Thanks Marc.
I tried this. the result is
***Modified the file system***
Then I have done tune2fs -O has_journal /dev/hda5
creating journal inode:done
This filesystem will be automatically checked every -1 mounts or 0 days
whichever comes first. Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.
Do not know about these -c and -i switches so not used.

>BTW, depending on how many lines of errors, you may have had some
>filesystem
>corruption maybe due to some hardware problem.
>e2fsck will recover what it can, but you may not have a lot left after it's
>done.
>
>Marc

I tried to reboot the Linux but failed with the same reason as before.
The messages are
Kjournald starting, commit interval 5sec
Ext3-fs: mounted file system with ordered data module.
Pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot/sysroot/initrd)failed:2
freeing unused kernal memory: 280k freed
kernal panic: no init found. Try passing init=option to kernal

Regards,
Rao