[svlug] 'Kernal Panic:No Init Found. Try passing Init=Option to Kernal'

Kanagala Rao raokanagala at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 10 16:26:37 PDT 2002

>From: Marc MERLIN <marc_news at vasoftware.com>
>Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:29:43 -0700
>If you are "just" missing init, you can boot with
>linux init=/bin/bash or init=/bin/sash if you have sash on your system

>Marc
I have bash and so I tried with linux init=/bin/bash but same problem.
However I have noted down few more messages and I am sure you can make out
some thing out of this.
Rao
Freeing initrd memory: 120k freed
vfs: mounted root(ext2 filesystem)
RedHat nash version 3.3.10 starting
journalled block device driver loaded
mounting /proc file system
creating root device
mounting root file system
JBD: no valid journal superblock found
ext3-fs: error loading journal
mount: error22 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot/sysroot/initrd)failed:2
freeing unused kernal memory: 280k freed
kernal panic: no init found.Try Passing init=option to kernal