[svlug] 'Kernal Panic:No Init Found. Try passing Init=Option to Kernal'

kanagala rao raokanagala at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 10 13:36:44 PDT 2002

I am new to Linux. I have Redhat 7.3 installed on Laptop dual boot with
windows2000.

Today I have a problem booting Linux. It says 'Kernal Panic:No Init Found.
Try passing Init=Option to Kernal'

What does it mean? and how to overcome this problem?

I have boot floppy disk. Even I tried with this but no success.

I would highly appreciate any suggestions to overcome this problem.

Thanks,
Rao