[svlug] Re: 700+ Crons

Ira Abramov lists-svlug at ira.abramov.org
Wed Jul 3 13:01:11 PDT 2002

Quoting Erik Fears, from the post of Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 12:12:34PM -0700:

> Today I woke up, unable to make any new connections through my firewall
> (although the connections I left over night were still fine). In an attempt
> to investigate I ran ps aux on the firewall box and saw over 700+ instances
> of /USR/BIN/CRON, started exactly one minute apart. I tried su/sudo and even

well, needed data: which version of cron, what did ps awx say those
crons were running, what do the logs tell you, did you have any disks
at 100%, any lately-added packages, at-jobs or cron-jobs?

--
Don Quixote and Abraham Lincoln rolled into one
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.