[svlug] Linux Movies Meeting Wed July 3rd at New Location

Robin Rowe rower at MovieEditor.com
Mon Jul 1 00:24:19 PDT 2002

LINUX MOVIES GROUP MEETING

NOTE NEW LOCATION! Nation's Giant Hamburgers in El Cerrito, California.

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2002 (first Wednesday)
7-9pm

Nation's Giant Hamburgers
6060 Central Avenue
El Cerrito, California

Directions: Location is just west of El Cerrito Plaza, and near the El
Cerrito BART station. Nation's menu includes hamburgers, breakfast all day,
and pies. Highway: Take I-80 or I-580 to just north of Berkeley, exiting on
Central Avenue east, proceed about 0.4 miles. If you reach San Pablo and El
Cerrito Plaza you have passed it. BART: Exit at El Cerrito Station and head
west on Central past El Cerrito Plaza, about six blocks. The El Cerrito
station is open until midnight.

Many major motion pictures are being produced using Linux. Examples include
Shrek, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars Episode II. In fact,
the current issue of Linux Journal has an article about Linux at ILM (by
Robin Rowe who will be at the meeting). For artists, users, programmers, and
sysadmins of Linux motion picture software such as Maya, SoftImage, Houdini,
Shake, RAYZ, and Film Gimp. Although our primary interest is Linux graphics
for motion picture production, users of other operating systems including
BSD, IRIX, Mac OS X, and Windows are welcome.

Meetings are free. There is no formal presentation, just a free informal
discussion of issues and ideas. RSVP not required, but requested for
first-timers.

    http://www.linuxmovies.org

Cheers,

Robin