[svlug] Linux on PlayStation2 - Can we get a speaker?

Cameron Palmer palmerc at gfo.seagate.com
Thu Jan 31 15:31:01 PST 2002

As most probably already know the Linux PS2 kit will begin selling in the
US market May 2002 at http://www.us.playstation.com.

They have setup a community developer site at
http://playstation2-linux.com/

And the press release is at http://www.scea.com

Can we get somebody from Sony to speak at SVLUG? That would be pretty
cool.

It would also be nice if someone could come from TiVo and talk about the
current TiVo and the upcoming TiVo v2. You know those lovely people at
TiVo save us a lot of trouble by putting USB ports on it! Has anyone heard
what version of the kernel will be running on series 2?

cameron.