[svlug] Shared Memory

Bill Jonas bill at billjonas.com
Tue Jan 29 20:42:02 PST 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 06:33:08PM -0500, Bhaskar Rimmalapudi wrote:
> i'm planning to install oracle 8.0.5 on slack 8.0.
> i had gone thorough the oracle guide to install.
> I got stuck up at where and how should i set
> Shared Memory parameter.

I'm presuming the implied question was, "What should I set this to?"

I've installed Oracle (8i) once, after a presentation at one of the
meetings of my local LUG.  (December 1999, according to
<http://www.PhillyLinux.org/talks.html>.  Additional side note: it takes
a *loooooong* time to install Oracle on a Cyrix MII-333.)  I'm no Oracle
expert, though, and it was a long time ago, so I remember precious
little about the install (other than it required X windows and a JRE,
which is a bit silly).

If it's any help, the presentation notes are still available at
<http://wimpy.arsdigita.com/public/presentation-top.adp?presentation_id=23903>.

--
Bill Jonas    *    bill at billjonas.com    *    http://www.billjonas.com/

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html