[svlug] grub...

Sanatan Rai sanat at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 28 10:39:01 PST 2002

Hello,
	Get a DOS boot disk with fdisk on it. Do fdisk /mbr, this should
clean the master boot record.

--Sanatan
: Hello, Over the weekend I picked up a pc from a friend who was getting
: rid of old equipment. Well the pc (pentium II) was running linux
: before but from what I was told my buddy did the old rm -rf / for
: ?kicks?. He forgot he had grub on it so he panicked and deleted the
: partition with MS-DOS delpart.exe and created a new one with fdisk. Of
: course grub did not go anywhere. So now all you have is a box that
: just has grub command prompt. How can I unistall it so I can install a
: fresh version of Linux.
:
: Thanks.
:

Sanatan Rai,                      | E.-mail: sanat at stanford.edu
Dept. of Management Sc. & Engg.   | Home: 100 N. Whisman Road 4316,
Stanford University,              |       Mountain View, Ca 94043.
Stanford, Ca 94305.               | 'phone: (650) 964 0220 (R)
EMail: sanat at stanford.edu                   (650) 736 2109 (O)